Monday, February 13, 2017

16mm Film Manipulation Experience

The film manipulation was an overall positive experience for me. I enjoyed having the elements to base an idea off of. It is interesting making a project that I can not see immediately how it will look, it makes each scratch and stroke of the pen more dramatic and important. That is exciting. Two aspects I especially enjoyed were the bleaching and the magazine transfers. Bleaching the film and letting the filmy-liquid drip down the strip had an awesome effect. I am excited to see that through the projector. The magazine transfers were also enjoyable because I am interested to see the final project, but the process of putting the magazines ink onto the clear film was a lot of fun. Picking colors and shapes that match two elements and then cutting, tapping, soaking and peeling. The process was relaxing, I will experiment with it again outside of this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment