Monday, January 30, 2017

R2 Response

Crowdsourcing is an exciting idea that I am interested in exploring further. I myself have crowdfunded a number of times and it always turned out successful. I have also used a crowdsource design service to create a logo and after working back and forth with a couple people, we finally got the logo I was looking for and I was happy with the experience. Open Innovation is an aspect of crowdsourcing I have no experience with or knowledge of, but it seems like it could be very useful for people, especially internationally. Sometimes I have trouble communicating tone through text, so I can see how it would be sometimes difficult to clearly communicate instructions for a crowdsourcing project, especially with people where English is not their first language. 

Anytime I want to learn more about a specific thing, I will always go strait to Wikipedia. I have probably read thousands of articles and have become smarter because of Wikipedia. I remember back in middle school, it was almost taboo to access Wikipedia because teachers though because anyone could edit or post that most of the information must be wrong. This has not been my experience and thats not what Jimmy Wales reports in the quality tests. The fact that anyone can access the total sum of human knowledge is an amazing tool. 


Aaron Koblin’s projects were all mesmerizing to watch. Everything from the visualization of the planes, communication and cell phone use to the sheep, the song and the Johnny Cash project. They had a great sense of community and were pleasing to watch and hear. The creativeness needed to conceive and then execute these type of projects is honestly inspiring. The was Koblin thinks is unique and he is using every tool as his disposal efficiently. It is great to see people come together and create something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment